Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Mental Housekeeping -

All around me isn't me
If it were, I'd be
A drunken dancer to a reggae dub
Each move a miscalculated mis-step

This is not me daily dancing in this muck
Every morning shining my shoes to jump right back
This is not me in this mish-mash
Grasping for something just out of reach...I slip

Not me in a trying to be and not being
In not wanting so as not to want enough
Not me disenchanted to a point where
Disillusionment is interpreted as Being satisfied with just not enough

Not me busting my back trying to put my life on track
Not me digging my shoulder in the ground
Grit stuck in my arm
Not me sticking my fist in the dirt

This is not me
Groping in the darkness
Shading my laser burned eyes
From halos and starbursts from yet to be discovered galaxies
Hiding in flickering streetlamps
This is not me pushing against obstacles against doors that should budge.
Only for them to put up a fight
Like they had concrete worked into their locks

This is not me dying inside trying to be alive
Not me lost inside trying to find a right path
This is not me trying to find sight Yet becoming blind
Wait... This is not me
...Or is it?

some formatting isnt working...dont know why... hope you get it. Too tired to keep typing

posted from Bloggeroid

1 comment:

  1. This is not me reading this,
    If it were, I'd be darned like a fish
    Escaping the fisherman would be my wish

    This is not me lost in a maze
    in words that sizzle, daze and amaze
    This is not me, trying to be me

    Maybe I get it, Maybe I don't
    This Mish-mash just done mashed my brain

    ReplyDelete